We accept applications for residency positions exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All applicants for residency positions must submit applications via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). A complete application must include:
- A personal statement
- An official USMLE transcript
- An official medical school transcript
- At least three letters of recommendation. 1 must be from your Program Director if you are currently or ever been in a US Residency
- Participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- Have an excellent command of both written and spoken English.
- Have completed medical school within the past three years is preferred.
- Have U.S. clinical experience in direct patient care.
- Any person who has not passed the USMLE Step 2 or 3 by the 4th attempt will not be considered since they cannot be licensed in the State of Louisiana.
- We do not have minimum Step cut off scores but do prefer no fails.
In addition to the above, International Medical Graduates have the following requirements:
- Must hold a certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) that will be valid at the time residency is to begin.
- Must hold a valid visa for work or residence in the United States. We are able to sponsor applications for J-1 visa only. We are unable to sponsor any other visa types including H-1B.
- Must have US clinical experience (applicants without U.S. clinical experience will not be considered).
When post-match positions are available, all applicants must submit a complete application via ERAS immediately following the match. We will utilize the NRMP's SOAP process. We will not accept faxed applications or incomplete applications.
Louisiana State University PA Program – Shreveport (Mission Statement)
The mission of the PA Program is to provide a primary care curriculum to prepare competent Physician Assistant health care providers for Louisiana.
PA PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
Accreditation Status: Continuing
Degrees Offered: Masters
Distance & Online Learning: None
Bachelor Degree: Required
Class Duration: 27 months
Class Capacity: 38 students
On-Campus Housing: Not available
Decision Criteria: GPA; GRE score including writing score; Healthcare experience, personal interview, personal statement
Seat Deposit: $150
Supplemental Application: Yes
International Students: Not Accepted
TOEFL: Not required
Recommendation letters: 3
CASPA Participant? Yes
Application Deadline: October
Deadline Type: Submitted
Overall GPA 3.0
Prerequisite GPA No minimum
Science GPA 3.0
Science GPA Method OVERALL CASPA-calculated GPA
Minimum 80 hours
Paid experience with hands-on patient care
Volunteer experience with hands-on patient care
Shadowing a physician or physician assistant
PART TIME OPTION
WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA
For a complete list of the Physician Assistant Program details and requirements please visit the official PA program website.
PA program website