The conclusion is a very important part of your essay. Although it is sometimes treated as a roundup of all of the bits that didn’t fit into the paper earlier, it deserves better treatment than that! It's the last thing the reader will see, so it tends to stick in the reader's memory. It's also a great place to remind the reader exactly why your topic is important. A conclusion is more than just "the last paragraph"—it's a working part of the paper. This is the place to push your reader to think about the consequences of your topic for the wider world or for the reader's own life!
A good conclusion should do a few things:
- Restate your thesis
- Synthesize or summarize your major points
- Make the context of your argument clear
Restating Your Thesis
You've already spent time and energy crafting a solid thesis statement for your introduction, and if you've done your job right, your whole paper focuses on that thesis statement. That's why it's so important to address the thesis in your conclusion! Many writers choose to begin the conclusion by restating the thesis, but you can put your thesis into the conclusion anywhere—the first sentence of the paragraph, the last sentence, or in between. Here are a few tips for rephrasing your thesis:
- Remind the reader that you've proven this thesis over the course of your paper. For example, if you're arguing that your readers should get their pets from animal shelters rather than pet stores, you might say, "If you were considering that puppy in the pet-shop window, remember that your purchase will support 'puppy mills' instead of rescuing a needy dog, and consider selecting your new friend at your local animal shelter." This example gives the reader not only the thesis of the paper, but a reminder of the most powerful point in the argument!
- Revise the thesis statement so that it reflects the relationship you've developed with the reader during the paper. For example, if you've written a paper that targets parents of young children, you can find a way to phrase your thesis to capitalize on that—maybe by beginning your thesis statement with, "As a parent of a young child…"
- Don’t repeat your thesis word for word—make sure that your new statement is an independent, fresh sentence!
Summary or Synthesis
This section of the conclusion might come before the thesis statement or after it. Your conclusion should remind the reader of what your paper actually says! The best conclusion will include a synthesis, not just a summary—instead of a mere list of your major points, the best conclusion will draw those points together and relate them to one another so that your reader can apply the information given in the essay. Here are a couple of ways to do that:
- Give a list of the major arguments for your thesis (usually, these are the topic sentences of the parts of your essay).
- Explain how these parts are connected. For example, in the animal-shelter essay, you might point out that adopting a shelter dog helps more animals because your adoption fee supports the shelter, which makes your choice more socially responsible.
One of the most important functions of the conclusion is to provide context for your argument. Your reader may finish your essay without a problem and understand your argument without understanding why that argument is important. Your introduction might point out the reason your topic matters, but your conclusion should also tackle this questions. Here are some strategies for making your reader see why the topic is important:
- Tell the reader what you want him or her to do. Is your essay a call to action? If so, remind the reader of what he/she should do. If not, remember that asking the reader to think a certain way is an action in itself. (In the above examples, the essay asks the reader to adopt a shelter dog—a specific action.)
- Explain why this topic is timely or important. For example, the animal-shelter essay might end with a statistic about the number of pets in shelters waiting for adoption.
- Remind the readers of why the topic matters to them personally. For example, it doesn’t matter much if you believe in the mission of animal shelters, if you're not planning to get a dog; however, once you're looking for a dog, it is much more important. The conclusion of this essay might say, "Since you’re in the market for a dog, you have a major decision to make: where to get one." This will remind the reader that the argument is personally important!
Before going to the next topic, let us spare a moment on restoring in our memories the preivious one, which was about hip-hop culture. Essay about honesty is difficult to work on because everyone has a definition of honesty of its own. Besides, to write the essay is quite of work. Honesty essay may become your way to express yourself and get people acquainted with what really matters. If you were assigned to write an academic honesty essay, this is your chance to make it work and make people see the world of honesty with your eyes. Honesty is the best policy when it comes to both business and personal relations. Honesty is appreciated throughout the world. Importance of honesty cannot be underestimated.
When it turns out that your essay is on honesty and integrity, it may put you into more of a confusion. Those are the two qualities, which make people do it right as many times through life as possible. Honesty is a commitment to sincerity and facts. To be honest means to tell the truth, to do all one can on the way of being trustworthy, to live one`s life without cheating and to stay true to oneself and others. Integrity is performing something right. Be genuine and act faithfully and truly means to be honest and if you decide on following this rule, you should take into consideration.
Integrity goes closely to the honesty. It is a state of union. Does being undivided means anything to you? If it is yes, write upon it in your honesty essay and tell the whole world through the essay about your attitude to the honesty and integrity, what role it plays in your life and how it may change other people`s lives. It is very important to develop in oneself features, which might be useful for you and people around you. If you need help on writing, our writers will be happy to help.
Maybe you already are the proud owner of honesty and integrity in your nature. Then, it should not be much of a difficulty for you to write on these matters. To be honest does not mean to tell the truth only but much more. It is much deeper than one may think. Honesty is very important in the development of people`s conscience. Honesty is a path to many things such as knowledge, academic goal`s truth and understanding.
Honesty and integrity will always matter. No matter what time we live in. No matter how hectic our life is. No matter how busy we are with our lives. There are simply things, which are eternal and integrity let alone honesty will always be one of those things. One grows in honesty and integrity. It is always better to live in united and honest family, to work with united and honest staff workers, to have united and honest people for daily communication among one`s circle of friends. It may sound easy but it is not as easy as it seems to be.
You will never understand anything once you explore it. Literature is full of examples of honesty and dishonesty. One has loads to follow. It is great to have an example to follow and it may be used while writing an honesty essay. Think about it or ask for outside assistance. Our writing service will gladly assist.